Thursday 21 May 2009

GP - a conclusion

Well I am finally all done. I sat the theory exam this morning. I was actually pleasantly surprised considering how random the exam was rumoured to be. I really ran out of time at the end though and I am (in the back of my mind) a bit stressed that when I very hastily transcribed my answers onto the electronic marking sheet (this exam comprised of MCQ) I may have made some errors. I hope they are not all out by one! If so, I will be in a world of hurt.

For the clinical exam I was not so lucky. Two cases: one diagnostic, the other management. The management one was a little different than what was expected, but I think I did OK (I definately left out a few things though), but I froze in the diagnostic. I forgot to be systematic and missed the diagnosis completely. In hindsight, It was staring me in the face! I hope the management case will pull me through - or I will have to do a resit. Now I have a pounder of a headache...and I am off to get my Age of Empires on.

1 comment:

Henry said...

Nice posts dude! Welcome to the blogosphere and good luck for Medicine :)