Wednesday 29 July 2009

General Med - A wrap up (part 2)

On a More reflective note...

The rotation as a whole was draining, but fantastic. One of the key things it did was cement my clinical skills, which I must admit were lacking a bit having started this year with Psychiatry - where you DO NOT touch - and General practice - in which examination is very problem based and often sub-standard [done through shirts (limited exposure) and poor positioning for the sake of convenience and time].

There were days when I was totally enthused, and days when I felt exhausted and completely discouraged. But coming out at the end of it, I feel much more confident and I feel I'm clinically more efficient (and unfortunately perhaps a little more impatient with verbose patients).

In summary, I feel in this rotation I learned the most, but it took the most out of me...

No comments: