Monday 18 January 2010

I'm back finally...

Hi All

Well I have finally returned after a long, well needed holiday from the virtual world of blogging, facebook and non-essential emails. I really enjoyed my surgery rotation (I will write of more later this week) but by the end of the year, I was less elated and more exhausted. For the first time since starting my medical studies (in fact since well before) my end of year break involved nothing medical. No study (the occasional rash or spot here and there from concerned friends/relatives - which ended with the similar speal of "See your GP, having your GP in the loop is the best thing I can recommend...") but otherwise a med free period. I didn't let my brain go to mush though - I am still doing some research on a part-time basis, and work always managed to evoke thoughtful discussions with the consultants at work on treatment options etc, but no dedicated study time for me. I also did a lot of reading on investment strategies, financial planning etc for when I finally do get some money, which was fun.

I guess as illustrated above, I will never truely get away from medical issues, but I don't want to (I do still have a passion for learning and helping) but the key thing is that I feel rested, recharged and ready for the new year. It looks to be an exciting yet hectic final year. Wow in less than 1 year, I will be a doctor!! A very green doctor, but a doctor nonetheless.

No comments: